We’d like to share a trick we use to add the best image for an item we are adding from web. Sometimes web search presents us a few different quality versions of the same image. Or the image we want may appear way at the bottom in search results.
When you find the image you’d like to add in search results, please
- Tap on it to see it enlarged.
- Then tap on the three vertical dots you see under the image and
- Tap ‘View original image’ option. This will open the high quality version of the image.
- Then tap on the ‘+’ to add it to wardrobe.
Pureple also shows the dimensions of the images when you tap on ‘+’ to help you select the best image. We recommend images with dimensions around 512×1024.
Our followers may remember PopSugar Fashion’s recent article titled ‘I Cleaned Out 100+ Items From My Closet by Asking This 1 Question’ which we shared on all our social media accounts last week. The article gives great tips on editing your wardrobe. We immediately taught how much Pureple would help to implement the tips in this article. Here is the top 5:
If Pureple was of help while cleaning your closet, how did it help? What would be one feature we could add to make it even more useful?
Capsule Wardrobe Part 1.
“I took photos and out them all into Pureple, a closet organizing app. The outfit-maker helped me check the mixing and matching and I have at least 36 outfits!”
via … Of Advanced Maternal Age.
… Of Advanced Mater
“I have this secret fantasy that one day I’ll become exorbitantly wealthy and have Visual Therapy consultants come to my home and help me build outfits out of my closet. Until that day comes I’ve opted to try something more affordable by downloading the free app Pureple.”
Please follow the link for the full story on modspinster.com:
Pureple – An App for Building Outfits
Thank you dear Paula for such a wonderful review!
by Michelina Gliozzi!
Check out how Michelina used Pureple for the Outfits, starting 4:41 (;
We are amazed with young Pureplers like Michelina, their talent, confidence, how they start something and build their brands already! Influencers, entrepreneurs, marketers of future in making.
We have been quiet for almost a week now on the blog, on social media and slow on responding to your emails. We’ll shortly catch up with what has been going on in our inboxes. Before that, let me share a few observations from our past week.
It was an extremely busy week packed with fun, friends, business and traveling -lots of it. Flying down to South California for four days driving from San Diego to San Francisco, here are some of my observations and learnings as a Purepler and a Seattleite.
- Don’t let weather app and the numbers for temperature trick you while packing. It may not be 90s yet (it was actually 60s-70s) but, it will feel 90s once you start looking around. OMG! The outfits we’ve been sharing on social media with sweaters, boots and jackets look so irrelevant here. Everyone is in shorts, flowy dresses and skirts; if wearing jeans, it’s either white or in a shade light. Planning outfits? Weather is not enough, consider location, too.
- A short walk in the Venice Beach area and some stores are entirely white! Everyone is wearing white either head to toe or at least one white piece! We barely spotted a few denim and neutrals other than white in stores such as Rag & Bone. If you are packing for a trip to SoCal, revisiting your packing list for color will be a good idea. No matter how light and flowy that black tops we packed, it was just too dark, especially on dark jeans.
- Brown leather sandals, metallic coated sandals, pointed toes, Toms, mirrored sunglasses, turquoise silver jewelry and beautiful bib necklaces were most spotted shoes and accessories.
- If you need a sweatshirt, cardigan or anything on warmer side or darker hues back home, great place to take a peek at sale racks. Chances of finding a bargain is quite high. They may suddenly start looking quite uninteresting though ;)
- Water bottle. Since one will be accompanying you all the time, you may pack your favorite with you. Most hotels have a fountain for refills.
Pureplers visiting other places? Would love to hear your closet observations.
16 things to do in Easter holidays
We’ve just left Easter behind for the year, however, we could not resist to share these excellent tips from Malin Dahl.
“Plan outfits! With the app Pureple I can plan future outfits, and have them saved on your mobile so that they should not go into oblivion. Smart! ” says Malin.
Thank you <3. We are fascinated to see that Pureple is taking a tiny part in the lives of such talented, amazingly inspiring individuals around the world.
Original: 16 ting å gjøre i påskeferien
English: 16 things to do in Easter holidays
By the way, while you are there, you may also want to see New York in her eyes. We fell in love with the details she captured! She sure made us want to visit NY again!..
“This is the era of technology! No one can deny it!
It’s the time for smartphones, iPhones, apps, phones that do everything and anything!
And you might as well take the best out of it!!
So today I decided to do a top 5 phone apps that I love, because …”
says Ella and Cate on their wonderful blog “Randomly Random – My Life”. Please click for the rest of the story:
Top 5 Phone Apps
Q: Did you misspell purple? Why did you name the app Pureple?
A: No. Well, yes and no. Although it’s not uncommon we misspell certain words, purple was not one of them. We had to misspell it to be able to register a domain name (www.pureple.com) as purple.com was taken long ago. Purple is the color our daughter, then 4 year old, was fascinated with. We wanted to include her to this new night and weekend project mom & dad is talking about passionately for hours. Now 6 years old, she draws some of the art we use in marketing. Soon you might see some on the blog.
Q: Is it the movie ‘Clueless’ what inspired you for writing Pureple?
A: No, we wish we did watch ‘Clueless’ before writing Pureple. We found out about it from dear Pureplers after Pureple was released. Then we watched the Cher’s closet scene over and over. It’s so much fun to be associated with.
Q: Now a serious question. What sets Pureple apart from other similar apps?
A: Two among others raises to the top:
- Our Suggestion engine, which learns user’s style over time and suggests full outfits from your own closet.
- You do not have to take pictures of what you own to build your wardrobe. Pureple finds the images for you from the web. This allows building your wardrobe anywhere, when you get a chance. Plus, you usually get professional pictures. It also remembers where you added an item from, in case you’d like to go back and find out more about it.
Q: Do you use Pureple yourself?
A: Yes! We all do. Last I checked, I had 481 items and hundreds of outfits in my Pureple closet. With kids and busy work, that’s the only way I am able to plan my outfits. It helped me realize that first, I have too much items, most of them unused, yet, if I could find/see the right item at right time, I’d love to use them. Next, even though I am an organization freak, I both lack the time and a big enough closet to perfectly organize. With the technology we have right now, it is not only super easy digitally, it is also possible to organize in incredible ways e.g. all the different ways I can wear an item. Now I can get out of the house feeling pretty good about how I look even if I had only 5 minutes.