When you accidentally not allowed Pureple access to Camera or Photo Library, you will see a black blank screen when you try to add an item from Camera; or similarly from Photo Library. You can easily fix this by
- Quit Pureple
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- Tap ‘Privacy’
- Tap ‘Photos’. Please make sure Pureple is set to On.
- Tap ‘Camera’. Please make sure Pureple is set to On.
We’d like to share a trick we use to add the best image for an item we are adding from web. Sometimes web search presents us a few different quality versions of the same image. Or the image we want may appear way at the bottom in search results.
When you find the image you’d like to add in search results, please
- Tap on it to see it enlarged.
- Then tap on the three vertical dots you see under the image and
- Tap ‘View original image’ option. This will open the high quality version of the image.
- Then tap on the ‘+’ to add it to wardrobe.
Pureple also shows the dimensions of the images when you tap on ‘+’ to help you select the best image. We recommend images with dimensions around 512×1024.
Our recent and unusually frequent trips taught us a few tips to keep in mind next time. Sharing in case a trip is in horizon for you, too.
- Plan the complete outfits upfront, including the clothing, shoes and accessories even makeup. Take different occasions you may attend into account and weather being a little colder/warmer than expected. We created a new category for the trip to tag the ioutfits we made in Pureple for the trip. This made make packing so much easier once we made the outfits.
- Stick to 1-2 color schema. Add white and neutrals.
- Pick versatile pieces, that can coordinate with other items easily. Making sure each item you pack can be worn at least 2-3 different ways is a good rule of thumb.
- Add a layering item for colder nights. A cashmere scarf/wrap can serve multiple purposes, so does a lined raincoat.
- Plan for temperature as well as the location. Check the weather report for trip time. However, temperature is not enough. The culture and atmosphere of the destination impacts our mood as much as the weather. Even though an outfit in dark hues and heavier fabrics is weather friendly for a cooler spring day in LA, it may not feel right due to the culture and atmosphere.
- Pack at least one pair of comfortable walking shoes in addition to shoes for other occasions you are planning for. It’s best if they are tested and broken in before.
- Pack essential accessories for both seasons e.g. sunglasses, hat and socks.
Have anything to add, change? Please drop a note!
As spring approaches fast, most of us will find ourself editing our wardrobes. While the old good rules of let go of the items that no longer fit, that are stained or show other kind of wear or tear e.g, holes or piles, here are three additional questions to help take wardrobe editing further:
1- Do I love it?
2- Is it flattering?
3- Is it inline with the image I’d like to present, who I am, what I want to be?
Ultimate goal: a more organized wardrobe that better expresses ourselves, communicates a clearer message to the world and save precious minutes from our morning routine.
Happy spring :)